Friday, July 5, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday!

Happy Friday!!!

I am linking up with the fabulous Cara from The First Grade Parade for her new linky party:




Pin #1:  My first pin comes from Maria at Kinder-Craze:

She gives many ideas for working with Pre-A readers.  She uses traceable alphabet books (perfect use for those old alphabets!), her high frequency readers, and gives you great advice on which emergent readers to use.  Reading this made me feel motivated to get back to school believe it or not!


Pin #2:  Ultimate Center Organization Solution from Mrs. Prince:


I cannot stand crumpled papers and gameboards!  My #1 center pet peeve!  I will be on the lookout for some of these flat bins this summer.  If anybody sees them at a reasonable price, let me know!  I am thinking Wal-Mart or Target.


Pin #3:  The ever-popular "New Student Bag" posted by Angie:
Every year I say that I am going to do this, and then I don't and pay for it later.  For example, I will have exactly 20 students, so as I am printing labels, I think "Oh perfect, twenty labels on a page!" and don't make any extras.  Wouldn't want to have to start a whole different page for a couple "extra-in-case-I-get-a-new-student" labels.  I figure I'll take my chances...and then I always get new students!  I am making myself do this this year!  No excuses!


Pin #4:  Tizmos from Christina at Sugar and Spice:

What a lifesaver!  By just accessing this one webpage, your students can easily click on the sites that you want them to use.  You can switch out the sites at anytime.  On this page, you add up to 8 links (for free...you can add more if you pay $0.99) to websites that you want your students to access.  Think about the possibilities...Listen to Reading, Literacy Centers, Math Centers, Computer Lab, Classroom Website, etc.  Christina has many more great tech ideas on her...check it out!


Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these great pins! I am definitely going to put together the new student baggies this year... Just found your blog through the linky and am a new follower with bloglovin!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pinterest finds! Thanks so much for sharing!
    I am your newest follower!!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through the linky! Always great to find new friends!

    Jess
    From Blood to Books!

    ReplyDelete